Friday, October 12, 2012

Bit.Trip Runner

Bit.Trip Runner is a platforming game in the Bit.Trip series, notable for its unique gameplay and music. The title is a very unusual kind of platformer, and focuses more on quick reflexes than actual skill of some kind. This can result in a lot of trial and error, but if you're playing it right, that really shouldn't matter.

BTRunner's controls and overall feel are similar more to a rhythm game than a platformer, in that your actions create notes of music, and you have to perform them nearly flawlessly, or ruin the rhythm. I found myself completely captivated by the game's soft and surreal look, as well as the perfected controls and focus on trance-like repetition. I mess up often, but I never have any qualms about trying again, because playing the game just makes me feel happy.

It's the kind of game that expects perfection, but it also expects you to be either entirely zoned out or entirely captivated while you play. I can sit still for hours in a trance playing Bit.Trip Runner, and be thoroughly entertained.

Everyone deserves to feel the feels I have felt from this game. They are the best feels, I assure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment